The Kit is designed to complement the REEFSearch program here in raising awareness about reef conservation, promoting community engagement in reef health issues, improving knowledge about reef ecosystems, and inspiring responsible environmental behaviours. It helps to bring reefs to the classroom and students to the reef, providing practical and engaging data collection tools.
Included in the REEFSearch Marine Education Kit:
· 2 X REEFSearch Field Kits (52 Page REEFSearch Field Guide, reusable underwater REEFSearch slate with pencil and hand strap, plus an awesome calico bag to keep everything safe!)
· CD with 2 PowerPoint presentations: Introduction to Coral Reefs, and Threats to the reef
· Activity: Classroom Reef Walk (80 double sided full colour image cards to simulate various reef scenarios)
· Activity: Who Am I fact sheets and cards (16 double sided full colour photo cards plus fact sheets)
· Activity: Who’s Eating Who (3 magnet sets: 24 magnets in total)
· Activity: Fact the Facts (20 marine debris mix and match cards plus fact sheets)
· Activity: Trivia (30 questions for 3 rounds of trivia plus answer sheet)
The number of Kits are limited, so if you are interested in purchasing one, please check Sea Store for details.