World Environment Day 5 June 2011 Marine and Coastal Management Award & Sustainability Education Award NOMINATIONS OPEN
Please find following information regarding the upcoming United Nations Association of Australia World Environment Day Awards 2011. Nominations are now open nationally for the Awards. The Awards are held in celebration of United Nations World Environment Day 5 June and 2011 the International Year of Forests.
Please share with any individual or organisation who may be interested in entering the Awards this year.
NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN NATIONALLY. Each year on World Environment Day, June 5, the United Nations focuses world attention on the environment, and in particular, on positive programs that work towards protecting or restoring the world's natural heritage. The United Nations Association of Australia (UNAA) actively promotes World Environment Day through the annual national World Environment Day Awards. In 2011, the Awards support the International Year of Forests and UNEP World Environment Day theme 'Forests: Nature at your Service'.
The national awards program invites nominations from individuals, organisations, community groups, schools, businesses and the media across Australia whose work demonstrates environmental leadership. The Awards play an important role in raising awareness about key environmental issues and challenges, and inspiring and motivating individuals, organisations and businesses to take positive steps towards sustainability and environmental excellence in their homes, schools, communities and workplaces.
The Award Categories for 2011 are:
• WSP Lincolne Scott Sustainability Leadership Award
• Peter Szental Award for Sustainability Entrepreneurship
• Virgin Blue Business Awards
• Department of Sustainability and Environment Biodiversity Award
• Green Building Award
• Local Government Awards
• Excellence in Sustainable Water Management
• Environmental Schools Award
• Sustainability Education Award
• Excellence in Marine and Coastal Management Award
• Media Award for Environmental Reporting
• Community Award
• Individual Award for Outstanding Service to the Environment
For more information including award categories and entry criteria,