The SVT Engineering Consultants course outlined below provides an opportunity for those wishing to build skills in assessing how underwater noise impacts on marine life.
Do you need to assess the impacts of underwater noise from piling, blasting, dredging and shipping on marine life?
This course looks at how noise can affect marine animals and provides guidance on the environmental impact assessment process.
Venue & Address
Christie Conference Centre, 320 Adelaide St, Brisbane, Qld 4000
- Fundamentals of underwater acoustics
- Auditory structures and bandwidths of various marine animals
- Common noise sources
- Underwater sound and modelling
- Guidelines for assessment
Who Should Attend
- Environmental Scientists
- Environmental Engineers
- Personnel involved in environmental approvals
- Government officials
Participants will learn about:
- Principles of underwater acoustics
- Underwater noise impacts on marine fauna
- Fundamentals of underwater noise assessment
|Thu Nov 24, 2011 - Fri Nov 25, 2011|